July Update on Resolution 2026
I've entered the 2nd half of 2026
1. Save more- I spent this entire month on the road so....Saving wasn't exactly the focus, my 9% goes straight into investments, and trip cost breakdown will be a different blog soon.
2. Travel more- See above and see blog posts on my travels Part 1 - Getting to Denver, Part 2- NEA, Part 3 - Fly over Country Part 4- Minnesota and Part 5 - The Northern Road Home. Part 6- Glacier
But know that at the time of this going live I am home.
3. Don't cry over men Honestly best month. I've been disappointed in men because any attempt at getting a drink or having a date while traveling was a failure in that I didn't have any, but a success in that I didn't compromise my standards to have drinks with people who don't live up to basic expectations. I honestly don't know if I'll really date anytime soon, but it was summer and I was traveling so I thought I'd at least try.
4. Find joy in work The point of July is to think about work as little as absolutely possible but I did have Union work this summer. See the NEA blog for that
5. Get rid of items - This was paused as I wasn't home but I did use some items up that wont be coming back with me. Going into this month I was at over 550 items out.
Used up:
7 Personal Care (Sunscreen and sheet masks mostly)
6. Learn more - I did a lot of learning this month- but not much online. I went to art museums, train museums, historical centers, national parks and more, but online learning wasn't the goal so the hours and times this month are pretty low and almost exclusively happened in the nights after NEA.
Running Total coming into July: 280 Lessons and 146.67 Hours
Lessons in July: 7 Hours in July: 3.45
- The Geography of the National Parks- By National Geographic New for February. I am not doing these in order I am doing them based on upcoming trips, So I started with Joshua Tree and Death Valley and moved on to summer trips though I find it all very interesting. There are 36 lectures in this series and I have currently done 7. March Update: I watched 11 this month. I appreciate that they discuss geography of similar national parks in both Canada and Mexico, reminding me of just how special this country is and cementing my goals of seeing more of America without feeling so much pressure to see what else is out there globally as we have so much here. April Update: watched the episode on Big Bend. It's a pain to try to get to but I look forward to enjoying it on it's own at some point, looks like it has so much to offer. May update: nothing June: nothing July Update: Nothing too busy traveling
- Ancient Civilizations of North America New in May: As a fervent explorer of America's National Park systems I am very interested in how the land was lived on and used prior to colonization. I find this super interesting and was already 4 episodes in before I realized I had completed more than 1. The lecturer provides background on terminology, concepts, carbon and other forms of dating before moving into different theories about how people came to be in different places. After the scene and background are set he move on to talking about the similarities and differences between groups of peoples that show up in different parts of the vastness that is north America. June Update: Learning about the Mississippian era communities from around 950 to 1400 CE. In the later part of the month I learned about the ancestral Pueblo peoples. July Update: Made it a few centuries further.
- Urban Legends New for June Sounded interesting. July Update: nothing I tried- I wont carry this forward.
- Greatest Inventions Traveling across the rural parts of the US this summer mostly on the rail lines has made me interested in all the invention I saw along the way. This was started at the very end of the month and there are 30 lectures to do.

Comments
Post a Comment