September Update 2026
1. Save More Nope not this month. Let's just say the number on my savings account didn't change this month. It didn't go up, but it also didn't go down and for that I am grateful. Rent on 2 places, movers, costs associated with getting the new apartment set up, more money going to gas because of the move, medical costs, etc. And I still set aside my monthly 9% to investments. Goal for next month is to be able to increase that to 11 or 12% but I need to make sure I get my security deposit back first.
2. Travel More Nope all money went to the move, no time to travel the first month of school. And that's okay. Did have 1 concert this month and homecoming football game.
3. Don't Cry over men First successful month all year- go me. I certainly had men frustrate me this month, but no tears were shed.
4. Find joy in work
Back to wearing so many hats- Lead/Dept Chair, Instructional Materials Committee, Union Rep, Bargaining team support and teacher of 3 distinct preps. Week 1 was incredible in all the best ways and week 2 reminded me that work isn't a honeymoon. Trying to find a balance as I move through and forward and not always finding success.
Homecoming was a good reminder of impact. Our school has a tradition where the football team writes letters to teachers and give a CLEAN away jersey for the teacher to wear on the Friday of homecoming. As a special education teacher this isn't a tradition I've had opportunity to participate in. But this year I did. A new student of mine wrote me a very sweet note and I squeezed myself into his jersey for most of Friday. I joked with our coach that if the players keep getting smaller we may need a new tradition, many staff resorted to pinning the jerseys on this year. But it was a good reminder of how students pick up on the small things.
5. Get rid of things
At the start of Sept my running total was at 579 and I moved this month so that number did in fact go up.
Housewares: 10 (Including a large laundry basket and a bed frame)
Clothing/Shoes/Accessories: 10
6. Learn more
Lessons at the start of Sept: 308 Hours at the start of September: 160.41
Lessons in Sept: 21 Hours in Sept. 10.19
- Greatest Inventions Completed in Sept 3.5/5 New For July Traveling across the rural parts of the US this summer mostly on the rail lines has made me interested in all the invention I saw along the way. This was started at the very end of the month and there are 30 lectures to do. August Update: I find this very interesting as they are looking at human history as a whole so this month started with the Crossbow. The series does not simply look at the initial invention, but how the initial invention changed over time. Such as the change of printing and the development of paper starting in the East as it moved towards western cultures. September update: What I would consider the Modern tech era. Things that I either remember being invented or have seen morph and develop in my daily life.
- America in the Gilded Age New for September Only through the background of how we got to the gilded age this month
- World Heritage Sites New for September Life was really expensive this month so I explored the world from my living room.
7. More concerts/shows
9/26 Paris Paloma at the showbox sodo.
I saw her at the Showbox downtown 2 years ago, and it was fun to see her venue size and audience size grow, though I'll be honest I like the smaller venue. I dressed for the event this time, wearing a sheer skirt and top harkening to dark fairy vibes. I've never felt safer at an event than her shows, 99.9% shes, gays and theys and a few "Good" straight boyfriends along for the ride. But such a safe group of people to be with which was such a nice weight off my shoulders.The things women carry when we go out alone. It was nice to really not worry about it for a night.


Comments
Post a Comment